LEGISLATION FROM FEBRUARY 4, 2020
ORDINANCE 01-2020 was approved. This appropriated unused engineering and inspection fees from 2019.
ORDINANCE 02-2020 was introduced. This legislation is our new annexation policy. Any property that is annexed will be zoned RR-3 which allows agricultural uses as well as residential single family homes as 1 unit per 3 acres.
ORDINANCE 03-2020 was introduced. This legislation authorizes salary adjustments for the police department as well as the funding of a new service department laborer position.
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Phase II of the US 62 turn lane project will be ramping up this spring. Plan on avoiding the area if possible. At this time, the plan is to shut down the road for 60 days similar to last fall.
- S. Oregon Street will be under construction this summer beginning approximately July 15.
- S. Kasson Street will be under construction as soon as the weather breaks. The gas company has finally finished moving their infrastructure.
- The Village is requesting proposals from interested consultants to guide the creation of design standards for new commercial and residential developments. There will be public meetings so keep an eye out.
- The barricade situation on N. Williams Street this past Friday ended peacefully. In the ten years I’ve had this job, this is the first situation of this kind that I am aware of. Two felony charges are pending against the suspect.
- On Feb 18 (date is tentative), I’ll be presenting to the Northridge School Board during their work session about the creation of a joint recreation district. Room and time TBD.